Today I will be sharing this article on :TURNING PROCRASTINATION INTO MOTIVATION. And trust me it’s a must read for all of you because in one way or the other we are all guilty of this offence called procrastination.
A writer once said “procrastination is ruining your life for absolutely no justifiable reason” but is it actually that deep? I don’t know, but I know procrastination is something we all suffer from in our daily activities. Fortunately, it’s also something that is purely mind over matter to overcome.
Typical Procrastination Excuses We Tell Ourselves Include;
- “I will do this tomorrow, there’s not enough time to do this today”.
- “I work better under pressure, I Wil wait until it’s almost due and then the work will be even better”.
- “This is such a huge project, I don’t even want to think about it yet, I Will put it off for one more day”.
- “I don’t really need to do this yet; it can wait until sometime in the future”.
Iam very sure we all can relate to this as we must have said at least one of above statements at some point in our lives. If your guess is as good as mine then we’re all in this together 🤣
Causes Of Procrastination
- Let us say it is part of the human condition, having an extended period of time to accomplish something makes us put it off into the future, even if we can begin it now.
- It also involves a constant connectivity, like your cell phones, emails, message notifications e.t.c that are constantly ringing, buzzing and interrupting us with communications.
- Our family, friends, co-workers, colleagues e.t.c are not left out, all are vying for our attention, for sometimes trivial and sometimes important messages.
Well there is absolutely nothing wrong with staying in touch and being friendly/social and giving proper attention to your loved ones, family and friends but being distracted can make you loose focus and motivation with the task at hand.
Ways To Turn Procrastination Into Motivation.
☑️ Remove all distractions from your environment.
☑️ Don’t think about starting something, ACT.
☑️Eat well, sleep well and get exercise. A healthy mind and body is less likely to procrastinate.
☑️Try to be more optimistic about accomplishing your goals, you’ll be more upbeat and active.
☑️ Keep your thoughts positive, that will potentially set you up for motivation.
☑️ Recognize when you are entering a cycle of procrastination. Here is where you will need to address mind over matter.
☑️Sit down and break the project up into consumable parts that are less daunting.
Thanks for reading through guys love you all ❣️🤗