THE FEAR OF REJECTION.
Have you ever been rejected before? By who? Your friends, family, lover, loved ones? What was the feeling like? Did it kill you? No! So why fear? Many people were depressed and commited suicide just because they were rejected. The fear of rejection is very powerful but you should know that you are in control of it. Take charge!!
Does rejection sting? Believe me, it stings! Very painful that sometimes you would have to cry it out. Some people dont believe rejection is real!! Wake up because rejection is very real and can occur at anytime so be prepared.
There was a point in my life when i felt rejected by the same people i called my friends, it was really a tough one for me. I wasn’t rejected because i was bad, weak or obnoxious but because i refused to do what they were doing.
Most people who are afraid of being rejected tend to ;
- Live behind the mask, they fake themselves inorder to fit in.
- They enjoy pleasing people and displeasing themselves.
- They avoid any form of confrontations.
- They can be aggressive but passively.
Knowing quite well that they were wrong, having spoken to them, they saw me as “a black sheep” and stopped being my friend. I felt lonely, i felt abandoned, i felt weak because i was rejected. But i saw my rejection as an opportunity.
I was afraid of loosing them as my friends even when i knew what they were doing, i was afraid of being rejected. But it didnt stop me from doing what was right. Sometimes your rejection is part of your sucess story. There is always a blessing in every rejection story.
Understand that rejection will come, disappointment will occur but dont let them get to you. Be principled. Rejection gets you closer to what you want even without you knowing.
Because of your fear of being rejected, you end up missing out. Why not just prepare for rejection?
One of the major cause of fear of rejection is when you have a physical condition that you person believes makes you unattractive to others.
Another cause can be when one is rejected as a child, or having been abandoned or unloved.
Do you know that your fear of rejection can lead to;
4. jealous, or angry behavior.
HOW DO YOU OVERCOME THIS FEAR?
- Acknowledge that rejection is real.
- Prepare for rejection.
- See rejection as an opportunity.
- Remember that rejection cannot kill you, you will overcome and become stronger, so face it.
- Redefine your definition of rejection.
- Invest in your self positively.
- Talk to a friend.
- Be very constructive, say NO to your inner critics.
- Focus on your purpose.
- Be real.