- The fear of the unknown can be hard to describe because all the feelings and thoughts around this fear are in your head. It is these fears that influence the way in which you live your life and if let loose can have a detrimental impact on you living your lives to the fullest.
When you choose to live with your fear of the unknown, the choices and decisions you make do not serve you well. Any decision you make based from this fear will not be a decision that will move you forward in life.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
Living your life to your fullest potential can only be achieved when you come face to face with your fear of the unknown. But this is not always an easy thing to do. It is a bit more complicated than just choosing to ignore your fear of the unknown.
To be able to conquer your fear of the unknown fully, you will have to be committed to making the changes within yourself and that is where it gets tough but i believe you can.
HOW CAN YOU OVERCOME THIS FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN?
1. Take a deep breath and be calm.
2. Find something to do in order to get your mind off your stress and anxieties e.g; take a walk, listento music etc.
3. Understand your fear.
4. Find the cause of your fears and question your fear.
5. Accept failure as an option.
6. Embrace change by staying committed to making changes within yourself.
7. Be prepared for the worst i.e be proactive.
8. Develop new skills and seek for help and counselling.
9. Celebrate your little wins, keep track of the small things, and count your blessings.
10. Trust your self and seek for social support.
11.Dont forget the power of prayer. Always talk to God. Alwats pray about it.