OVERCOMING SEXUAL ADDICTION.
Sexual addiction can also be called “hypersexuality”. When you are addicted to sex, you are called an “Addict”. With this, your urge for sex is high, you just like thinking about sex, fantazing, and you always want to have sex anywhere,anyhow and anytime. Sexual addiction Is a disorder that can take years to overcome, but there are many ways for a sex addict to battle his/her addiction.
If your sexual urge is high, it affects your mind, your mind begins to feed you with imaginable thought that can make you feel eased. All you think is about sex!! Voilating your principles, you nuture thoughts of having sex even when you are alone in your room.
when you are addicted to something, you find It difficult to do without it. Sexual addiction comes in different form, it could be
- Obscene phone calls
Sexual addiction is the constant use of sexual behavior, whether it is masturbation or watching pornography or even doing it with yourself or others in a compulsive life destroying pattern.
TYPES OF SEXUAL ADDICTION.
1. TRAUMA BASED ADDICTION: This addiction occur when someone has experienced sexual trauma/violation/molestation or abuse even as a child or an adolescent. When such person grows up, he/she tends to retaliate by sexually abusing other younger ones.
2. BIOLOGICAL ADDICTION: This includes masturbation and constant watching of pornography. You find yourself masturbating unconsciously, you watch pornography even more feeding your thought with sexual activities.
3. PSYCHOLOGICAL ADDICTION: This occur when one suffers from past abuse or neglet, they tend to cause sexual havoc which is their form of medicine to ease their past hurt. And after carrying out their sexual activity, they tear up feeling pained but relieved.
4. SPIRITUAL ADDICTION: This involves seeking spiritual fulfilment or power through sexual behavior.
5. MOOD DISORDER ADDICTION: When ever they experience mood swing they tend to use sex as their “release” to balance their mood disorder. At times they do it unconsciously, they just want to feel better.
HOW DO YOU OVERCOME SEXUAL ADDICTION?
- FACE YOUR PAST.
- FEEL YOUR PAIN
- DONT TRUST YOUR THOUGHTS.
- TALK TO SOMEONE YOU TRUST.
- MEET A COUNSELOR AND GET SUPPORT.
- CULTIVATE NEW HABIT, GET BUSY.
- ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT THAT YOU ARE “AN ADDICT” AND YOU NEED PSYCHOLOGICAL HELP.