DEALING WITH INDECISION.
Indecision is the inability to make decisions quickly. The way you attend to some situation explains how decisive you can be. While doing this, you gather more informations and facts to help you make good decisions.
Do you know that a mental disorder in which you display pathological indecisiveness is known as “ABOULOMANIA”. It is known to be associated with depression, stress and anxiety and it can affect the way you relate with the people around you.
The major reason why you are indecisive is because of your fear of failure. When you want to make a decision, you might be right or wrong and you know, nobody likes to be wrong. If you are always indecisive, you will always feel intimidated.
Are you depressed? Do you know that you can have trouble making decision especially when you are depressed. If you are depressed, you find yourself avoiding decisions.
WHY DO YOU FIND IT DIFFICULT TO MAKE DECISION?
- You might be depression.
- Your Fear of failure.
- Your insecurities.
- You want perfection.
- You procrastinate.
- Your fear of being responsible.
- You always forget what drives you.
- Over pampering from parents.
- TAKE YOUR TIME: Time they say is not on your side, but still take your time because it can save you from making wrong and dangerous decisions.
- LISTEN TO YOUR HEART:
- Always pay attention to your emotions and trust you “guts”. Your emotions are you guild post, so follow it.
- AVOID BAD DECISION:
- THINK STRATEGICALLY: Think strategically about the situation, know everything about the situation, ask questions, make your finding before making any decision. Also believe that you can make a good decision.
- KNOW WHO YOU ARE TRYING TO PLEASE: Ask your self this “who am trying to please with this decision?”. Let your YES be a Yes and let your No be a No. Dont please anyone just to displease yourself.
- BANISH YOUR PERFECT MINDSET: Your fear for failure drives you to perfection. There is a tendency of you to fail, the fact you failed does not mean you are a failure. Learn from your failure and stop nurturing the mindset of being perfect at all times.
- VISUALIZE YOYR POSSIBLE OUTCOME: Scale your possible outcome after yoyr decision. Always believe you can make good decisions.
- TALK TO SOMEONE YOU TRUST.
- BELIEVE IN YOUR SELF.
- TALK TO GOD IN PRAYER