THE POWER OF INFLUENCE.
INFLUENCE is the ability to modify how a person develops, began or thinks based on relationships and persuasion that often leads to respect.
Power is defined as the capacity to get others to act based on positional authority that is exercised over others; often leading to resentment or displeasure. INFLUENCE cooperates with POWER to make the best of leadership.
What influence do you have to the people around you? Is it a positive influence or what? When talking about power and influence, what comes to your mind? LEADERSHIP right?
Power and influence are used basically to get others to take action.
power is based on positional authority, once you are In authority, you know you have power to do things without restrictions while influence is based on relationships created either as a leader or a follower. Leaders use various sources of power to get others to act or change behavior.
BASIC TYPES OF INFLUENCE
we have four main types of influence which includes;
1. Negative influence: Those who have this type of influence tends to focus on their authority, power, or title. They are the leaders that are often egocentric and prideful. They usually have hard time getting people to follow, respect or even listen to them.
2. Positive influence: A leader with this type of influence adds value and leaves the people he comes in contact with off as a result of this leaders action and attitude.
3. Neutral influence: The actions and attitude of this kind of influence tends to neither add nor take away from what people around them are doing. They are neither cold nor hot.
4. Life changing influence: There are few people who possessed this level of influence. It can take years or decades of leading well and with positive influence to obtain life changing influence.
You must learn to stay away from the negative influence and the neutral influence while leaning on the positive andthe life changing influence.
HOW DO YOU INCREASE YOUR INFLUENCE AS A LEADER.
1. Believe in yourself and in you people
2. Serve others before yourself.
3. Provide opportunities for wins.
4. Give trust so you can earn trust also.
5. Invest in the sucess of others.
6. Connect with your people.
7. Think bigger for your people.
8. Give respect to earn respect.
Learn to be of good influence to everyone around you, you are a leader.