This topic seems very trickish and weird right ? Well i will make you understand this topic. Marriage is a legal or formal recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship.
The very purpose of marriage is not PROCREATION. That is, it is not structured around having sex in order to procreate.Marriage is beyond that.
Some of you get to have great fantasies about marriage, when asked ” what do you want in a man/woman before you can marrying he/she” ? And some of you go ahead listing variety of attributes, characteristic and features you want in your spouse. Before doing that, have you asked yourself this question ” CAN I MARRY ME?”.
CAN I MARRY ME?
There are some characters in you that you are aware Is very bad which if you mistakenly see in your spouse you cant even stand it.
These attributes speaks more about you. if you see a prototype of youself, can you even marry such person? Let’s consider this factors;
1. TRUST YOURSELF : Some of you don’t even TRUST yourself how then do you want to trust your spouse. Some of you find it difficult to trust yourself which leads to the inability of trusting others.
2. KNOW YOURSELF : How well do you know yourself? How many of you can boldly say ” this is me”, “this is who I am”. And accept you for you.
3. FORGIVE YOURSELF : You finding It difficult to forgive yourself can cause great harm to the people around you not to talk about the person you might end up with. One must learn to have a forgiving spirit which Is very sacrosanct.
HOW WELL DO YOU LOVE YOURSELF?
WHAT QUALITIES MUST YOU LOOK OUT FOR BEFORE THINKING OF MARRIAGE.
These qualities are what most of you need to look out for before saying yes. Check if you have any of these qualities even as a spinster or a bachelor before thinking of marriage. They include;
1. SELF CONTROL : some of you don’t even have self control while single, not to talk of when you are married. Infidelity in marriage Is a great Sin before God and man.
2. CONTENTMENT : How satisfied are you of the things you have? On no account should you envy people or what they have. Lets learn to be satisfied with what we have.
3. GODLINESS : cleaningness they say is next to godliness. How godly are you?
4. INDEPENDENCE : how independent are you? How established are you? Learn to be independent and not to always depend on what other people can offer.
5. Self control
Tell me, can you marry you? If not why not work on yourself so as to be a Plus to your spouse and not a minus. Marriage is till death do you both part…..think on these things.