Self-esteem is an individual’s subjective evaluation of their own worth. Self-esteem encompasses beliefs about oneself as well as emotional states, such as triumph, despair, pride, and shame.
In psychology, the term self–esteem is used to describe a person’s overall sense of self-worth or personal value. In other words, how much you appreciate and like yourself. Self–esteem is often seen as a personality trait, which means that it tends to be stable and enduring.
We have 2 types of self esteem which includes:
*High self esteem
*low self esteem.
WHAT CAN CAUSE LOW SELF ESTEEM?
-Unsupportive parent or Guardian.
-bad influence from friends.
-Abuse or trauma.
-poor performance at school or unrealistic goals.
-Mood disorders such as drepression.
How Do you fix it?
1. Take a self -esteem inventory. You definitely cannot fix what you dont know.
2. Be realistic; set realistic expectations for your self
3. You are not perfect ,so grab a hold of accomplishments and your mistakes too.
4. Explore your self.
5. Be willing to adjust your own self image.
6. Stop comparing your self to others
Learn to appreciate your self and people around you.